Friday, July 16, 2010

After Work Happy Hour


Eat, Drink, Be Happy...

Bar Louie's signature motto and why not? 1/2 off appetizers, $3.00 beers, $4.00 wines and $5 martinis from 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri visit Bar Louie and that is exactly what you're going to do. This upbeat restaurant and bar located on Sandlake in the Rialto plaza is the perfect place to unwind after a long days work. It is very contemporary with an open bar in the middle of the restaurant with flat screen t.v.'s around it and an outside bar for those who want to people watch and enjoy the weather. My first visit was with a group of co-workers I didn't order anything because I was only going to be there for a short moment but I did order a "few" drinks.

Bar Louie features a drink special every month and for the month of June they offered $3 Ronas and Ritas. $3.00 Coronas and Sauza Margarita's!! where am I? So I helped myself to a few Ritas and they were very good not too much sour mix, enough salt on the rim, and a punch of Sauza in every sip. I made sure I went back again before June was out.

My second visit to Bar Louie was an after work get together with some girl friends for our weekly Wine Down Wednesday's that we have every Wednesday just to get through the straining work week, believe me it's well deserved. I arrived and was seated promptly to a circular booth that looked very comfortable for the party of four that was soon to arrive. I quickly ordered my $3.00 Sauza Margarita because today was June 30th the last day of the special. I studied the 1/2 off appetizers and decided I was going to start with the spinach and artichoke dip. My waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine selections and gave me some suggestions for future orders. The spinach dip was good but it could of had a little more of a cheesy taste to it and more artichokes but the tortilla chips served with it were very good. My guests arrived and we decided to order a bit of everything. My favorite was the Sloppy Joe sliders with pepper jack cheddar mix they were served hot with 4 soft mini buns grouped together with fried onions on top, talk about a good appetizer and only $3.99!!

My friend ordered the Crispy Calamari and boy was it Crispee..the rings were too small and the batter they were cooked in was too salty, you definitely could not taste any calamari just crunchiness. No one touched it and the waiter noticed and took it away, the manager was kind enough to take it off her bill and came by to apologize for the appetizer.

Everyone enjoyed the atmosphere and their "few" drinks they ordered, it was a good after work experience even though the food wasn't all that great. I would recommend a visit to Bar Louie and call to see what their featured specials are if planning to go after work.

For the month of July every Thursday is "Louie's Hot Havana Nights" featuring $5.00 Mojito's.


Check out the website:



Bar Louie on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    We received a request from Urbanspoon user "Nique" (niquescrave@gmail.com) claiming that they are the author of Nique's "O" Town Eats. It sounds like you, but I'm writing to verify that this is the case and that you want to allow Nique to manage your blog on Urbanspoon.

    You can visit the Urbanspoon page for Nique's "O" Town Eats here:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/26/2929/Orlando/Niques-O-Town-Eats.html

    Please contact me at greg@urbanspoon.com and let me know whether or not we should approve this claim.

    Thanks!
    Greg

    greg@urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bar Louie was pretty good!It came highly recommended for their July special. The drinks were pretty good and the salsa and cheese was tasty. I too found that the calamari was too crunchy, but everything else was pretty tasty! Thanks for the insight Domonique. I look forward to more of Orlando's finest from your blog!

    ReplyDelete